Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"You're so MEAN!"

Sound familiar? Here’s a good way to explain to your son or daughter what mean really means.

Sit down with him and say, “This is what one grown up child said about HIS MEAN MOTHER…listen and then tell me if you agree, ok?”

“I had the meanest mother in the world. While other kids were allowed to grab some candy and soda before rushing off to school, I had to have juice and cereal or eggs. While other kids bought chips and cookies for lunch, I had to eat the sandwich she packed for me. And a piece of fruit too. Our dinnertime was different from other kids. My mean mom made us all eat together as a family, instead of eating whenever we wanting while watching TV. And she didn’t listen when we said we were too full to eat anymore and then asked for dessert. My mean mom could have worked for the FBI. She always had to know where I was at all times. You’d have thought I was on a chain gang or something.

She always had to know who my friends were, where I was going, and she even had curfews for when I had to get home. I’m ashamed to admit it, but my mother even broke the child labor laws; she made me WORK. I had to wash the dishes, make the beds, learn to cook, clean, etc. That woman must have stayed awake nights thinking up things for me to do…and…she always expected me to tell the truth no matter what. If I didn’t…and she always found out if I didn’t…let’s just say it wasn’t worth it to lie.

By the time I was a teenager my life became even more miserable. She didn’t allow me to meet girls or boys at the mall or at the movies; she insisted they come to the house so she could look them over.  

 My mean mom raised me and my brother and sister like a bunch of nerds. BUT none of us ever dropped out of school, or shoplifted, or carried and weapon, or smoked, or used drugs. And whom do we have to thank for all of this?"

You got it--- Our MEAN MOM.

No comments: